Rectella Ltd trading as Julian Charles (Company number 0430344) (‘We’) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of data protection regulations including GDPR and the current Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is Rectella Ltd, of 380 Chester Road, Old Trafford, Stretford, Manchester M16 9EA.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information by filling in forms on our website www.juliancharles.co.uk or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register on our website, subscribe to our service, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- If you choose to create an account, you will be able to manage your personal data online via your account at www.juliancharles.co.uk . If you do not choose to do so, you will not be able to view or modify this information. If you wish to change any preferences and you have not created an account, please contact Customer Services.
Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We will only collect data and information where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so and where your consent has been freely given.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
(A) Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
If you have consented to our using your data for marketing purposes by ticking the Registration Form on the website, then such consent also expressly confirms that you are content to allow your data to be provided to our appointed third party marketing agent which allows us to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.;
- to notify you about changes to our services and goods;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
(B) Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
By consenting on the Registration Form, we may share your personal information with any member of our group of companies which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
By consenting on the registration form we may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the specific performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
By consenting on the registration form we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Rectella Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- We do not need your express consent to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any Court order or legal obligation, or in order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rectella Ltd, our its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Input of personal data is at the user’s discretion. We have strict policies and procedures regarding the storage, processing and transmission of your personal data. However, we cannot be held liable of any unauthorised access and use of your personal data which is outside our control.
How long we keep your data for
We will keep your data for as long as is reasonable so that we can fulfill our service to you and to keep you informed of new goods and services. We may also retain your data to meet legal and regulatory obligations so as to produce evidence and records.
You have the right to withdraw the consent given on the Registration Form at any time and to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes and to ask for data held on you to be deleted. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to withdraw consent on our website and you can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here.
We will not sell you data to a third party for marketing or other purposes. If we share your data it is with your consent and we will ensure it is kept safe and secure. From time to time, our website contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
In general, you can choose how we communicate with you, but there are certain communications which are necessary for the operation of this website or which we are required to send by law.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We will deal with all such requests within a reasonable time.
Any changes we may make to their Policy in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes made.
If you are not satisfied with our response then you may decide to contact the Information Commissioner whose details can be found at www.ico.org.uk
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.